Asking for your file from Huronia, Rideau or Southwestern

Wednesday, March 19, 2014

ARCH has learned that people who lived at Huronia, Rideau or Southwestern need to show photo ID, before the Government will give them their files. To ask for your file, contact Cate Parker at the Ministry of Community and Social Services. Send her a letter to ask for your file. Also send a photocopy of both front and back sides of a piece of your ID that shows your photo. This could be your:

Health card
Driver's licence
Ontario photo card
Status card
Canadian citizenship card

If you do not have this kind of ID, you can still get your file. But first you must contact Cate Parker for help.

Below is a sample letter to Cate Parker. You can fill in the lines with your information and send it to her. You can also call or email Cate Parker at:

Phone: 416-327-6101
You do not have to pay for these files because you need them for the settlement.
Cate Parker 
Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act Coordinator
Ministry of Community and Social Services
PO Box 978
77 Wellesley Street West
Toronto ON M7A 1N3
Dear Ms Parker:
I lived at _______________________ Regional Centre, or a place where that Centre put me.  I want all my files and any of my information from when I lived there. I need them for the settlement.
My first name is ________________________________. 
My last name is __________________. 
Please send the information to this address:
Street and number_____________________________
Apartment number if there is one ________________
City or town ______________________________
Province __________________________________
Country __________________________________
Postal Code _______________________________
If you need to call me, please use this number: 
Area code ________
Phone or TTY number _________
Thank you.
Sign your name here:________________